When you become a Tradex Member and purchase mutual funds through Tradex,
you save money. At Tradex, we charge no account set-up fees,
no redemption fees, no RRSP fees, no transfer fees, and no
commissions or deferred sales charges on purchases of regular
mutual funds.¹ We’ll offer you free, unbiased advice in
establishing a portfolio from among the more than 2,000 mutual funds in Canada.
For investors seeking long-term growth. A range of
65-85% of the Fund is normally invested in a diversified portfolio of common shares of Canadian companies and the remainder invested in a diversified portfolio of U.S. and international stocks. Created in 1960,
Tradex Equity Fund is one of the oldest mutual funds in Canada.
For investors seeking preservation of capital and a steady income stream.
The portfolio is invested primarily in a diversified
portfolio of investment grade Canadian bonds. In
addition, up to 30% of the portfolio may be invested in
income producing equity securities, such as common
shares of Canadian companies that pay dividends, real
estate investment trusts, preferred shares, and income
trusts. The Tradex Bond Fund was created in 1989.
For investors seeking long-term growth through global exposure. The Fund invests primarily in global closed-end
fund companies whose investments are principally in a diversified portfolio of equity securities of issuers that can be based in any country. The commencement date for the Fund was 1999 (prior to that date, the Fund was constituted under another name with different investment objectives).
You can also buy and hold all your mutual funds through Tradex
Tradex Members may also purchase and hold a very broad range of other top-rated mutual funds through Tradex. The fund families shown here are just a few of the
funds that are available through Tradex. Similar to the Tradex Funds, there are no sales commissions, no deferred sales charges, no account set-up fees and no transaction fees when you purchase and hold any of the
above fund families through Tradex (to name just a few).¹
To learn more about mutual funds, click here for a brochure published by the provincial securities commissions.
Summary of Advantages of Buying Mutual Funds through Tradex
- Tradex saves you money! At Tradex
there are no account set-up fees, no redemption fees, no
RRSP fees, no transfer fees, and no commissions or
deferred sales charges on purchases of regular mutual
funds. This includes mutual funds where you would normally pay a sales commission or
deferred sales charges (front-end or back-end load) if they were purchased elsewhere.¹
- If you currently own mutual funds purchased elsewhere (at a bank, broker, discount broker, or mutual fund dealer) you can transfer them into an account at Tradex at no cost (we’ll pay the transfer fee on your behalf).
- There are no annual RRSP or RRIF fees when you deal through Tradex. We absorb all of the costs of setting up and administering your registered plan, including self-directed plans which can be set up to handle a number of different investments.
- We’ll give you great service, just like the service we provide for the Tradex Funds. Also, you’ll receive a quarterly consolidated statement showing all of your mutual fund holdings.
- The Tradex team is very knowledgeable about all aspects of mutual funds. We’ll give you sound, unbiased advice at no cost, including providing a detailed analysis of your current portfolio and recommending any changes to your portfolio that will be of benefit to you. If you currently hold funds that are subject to deferred sales charges (back-end loads), we’ll help you minimize or eliminate the cost of switching to other funds that better achieve your goals. We know the rules and have helped many investors in this area.
- Since there are no commissions or deferred sales charges on regular mutual funds distributed by Tradex, you have complete flexibility when you want to sell your units or move your money from one investment to another.¹ No other mutual fund dealer provides you with greater freedom.
How does Tradex cover its costs when offering this service?
When you invest in “third party” mutual funds through Tradex, we receive trailing fees paid by the fund company to defray our costs. Since the trailing fees that we receive are already included in the funds’ management expense ratio, holding these funds through Tradex does not add to your cost (i.e., Tradex receives this amount rather than another party).
as advised for specific charity-related, other campaigns or
venture capital funds